Whether you are seeking assistance in conception naturally, or as adjunct treatment to an IUI or IVF cycle, acupuncture, Chinese herbs, fertility yoga, and fertility massage can offer several choices in your path to pregnancy.
Acupuncture improves ovarian function, increases blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, regulates hormones, and reduces stress. In men, acupuncture can increase the quality of sperm. This will assist with:
- Natural conception
- IVF Cycle pre-cycle, enhancing ovarian stimulation, and day of embryo transfer
- Pregnancy Care
When to do acupuncture to enhance your IVF cycle:
- During follicular stimulation to enhance meds for follicular growth
- During egg retrieval to relax the patient and reduce abdominal cramping
- Pre and post transfer to improve rate of pregnancy by increasing blood flow to the uterus & inducing serotonin
Incorporating stress reducing techniques such as: Acupuncture, fertility yoga, and fertility massage improves your chances of carrying your baby to term.
The Science of Acupuncture for Fertility and Infertility
- Acupuncture stimulates blood perfusion and energy to the uterus
- Acupuncture changes the concentration of central opioids, and may regulate the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axisfor hormone balance
- Acupuncture has no adverse effects
- Acupuncture is a safe and low cost wayfor adjunct therapy to improve pregnancy success rates
Are there any side effects?
Some patients report the following minor and temporary side effects:
- Soreness/ache in treated area
- Local bruising
- Lightheadedness (usually caused by hunger preceding a treatment)
- Intense feeling of relaxation
Meet Marin L. Kokin, L.Ac.
Marin — acupuncturist, nutritionist, and owner of the Kokin Healing Center — is beloved by her patients. Read about patients that have found success at the Kokin Healing Center in Calabasas.