Acupuncture improves ovarian function, increases blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, regulates hormones, and reduces stress. In men, acupuncture can increase the quality of sperm. This will assist with:
- Natural conception
- IVF Cycle pre-cycle, enhancing ovarian stimulation, and day of embryo transfer
- Pregnancy Care
When to do acupuncture to enhance your IVF cycle:
- During follicular stimulation to enhance meds for follicular growth
- During egg retrieval to relax the patient and reduce abdominal cramping
- Pre and post transfer to improve rate of pregnancy by increasing blood flow to the uterus & inducing serotonin
Incorporating stress reducing techniques such as: Acupuncture, fertility yoga, and fertility massage improves your chances of carrying your baby to term.
The Science of Acupuncture for Fertility and Infertility
- Acupuncture stimulates blood perfusion and energy to the uterus
- Acupuncture changes the concentration of central opioids, and may regulate the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axisfor hormone balance
- Acupuncture has no adverse effects
- Acupuncture is a safe and low cost wayfor adjunct therapy to improve pregnancy success rates
Are there any side effects?
Some patients report the following minor and temporary side effects:
- Soreness/ache in treated area
- Local bruising
- Lightheadedness (usually caused by hunger preceding a treatment)
- Intense feeling of relaxation
Meet Marin L. Kokin, L.Ac.
Marin — acupuncturist, nutritionist, and owner of the Kokin Healing Center — is beloved by her patients. Read about patients that have found success at the Kokin Healing Center in Sherman Oaks and Calabasas.