Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder that affects many women. It can cause a range of symptoms, including irregular periods, weight gain, acne, and hair growth. PCOS can also increase the risk of infertility and other health problems. Shiatsu acupressure is a natural therapy that can help alleviate PCOS symptoms and improve overall health.
Shiatsu is a unique and effective Japanese massage technique that uses finger pressure to target specific points on the body, providing relief from pain and discomfort. Shiatsu acupressure, a specific type of shiatsu, involves applying pressure to key acupressure points on the body that are believed to be linked to various organs and systems. The goal is to stimulate these points, helping to restore balance and promote a sense of overall health and well-being.
In traditional Chinese medicine, PCOS is believed to be caused by an imbalance in the body’s energy, or Qi. Shiatsu acupressure can help restore balance to the body’s energy by stimulating specific acupressure points. By improving the flow of Qi in the body, shiatsu acupressure can help alleviate PCOS symptoms and improve overall health.
Here are some acupressure points that can be stimulated to help relieve PCOS symptoms:
- Lower abdomen: Stimulating the lower abdomen can help regulate menstrual cycles and alleviate menstrual cramps. Apply gentle pressure to the lower abdomen, just below the belly button.
- Spleen: Stimulating the spleen can help improve digestion and reduce bloating. Apply gentle pressure to the inside of the ankle, just above the ankle bone.
- Kidney: Stimulating the kidney can help regulate hormone levels and improve fertility. Apply gentle pressure to the sole of the foot, just below the ball of the foot.
- Liver: Stimulating the liver can help improve hormone metabolism and reduce acne. Apply gentle pressure to the side of the foot, just below the ankle bone.
- Pituitary gland: Stimulating the pituitary gland can help regulate hormone levels and improve fertility. Apply gentle pressure to the center of the forehead, between the eyebrows.
It’s important to note that while shiatsu acupressure can be a helpful tool in managing PCOS symptoms, it should not be used as a substitute for medical care. Women should always consult with their healthcare provider before trying any new form of therapy, including shiatsu acupressure.
Shiatsu acupressure is a natural and non-invasive way to alleviate PCOS symptoms and improve overall health. By stimulating specific acupressure points on the body, shiatsu acupressure can help restore balance to the body’s energy and alleviate PCOS symptoms. If you’re interested in trying shiatsu acupressure, be sure to consult with your healthcare provider to make sure it’s safe for you.
Introducing Stephi Varjan
Steph is a skilled practitioner of both Shiatsu and Anma massage techniques. With extensive training and years of experience in both modalities, Stephi is passionate about helping individuals achieve a sense of balance and harmony in their bodies and minds.
Shiatsu is a traditional Japanese massage technique that involves applying pressure to specific points on the body to release blocked energy and promote relaxation. Anma, on the other hand, is a more vigorous form of massage that incorporates kneading, tapping, and stretching to relieve muscle tension and improve circulation.
Stephi combines these two complementary techniques to provide a holistic and personalized approach to massage therapy. Whether you’re dealing with chronic pain or simply looking to de-stress and unwind, Stephi’s treatments are designed to meet your unique needs and goals.
With a gentle touch and a deep understanding of the body’s energy systems, Stephi is able to help her clients achieve a sense of peace and balance that extends far beyond the massage table. So why not schedule a session with Stephi today and experience the transformative benefits of Shiatsu and Anma massage for yourself?